A good meeting with Dr. Jenkins today. We started by reviewing what Noah and I had done together but soon started talking about Noah spending the night when we go to the beach with Mom and Dad (Yiayia & Papou) next weekend (Friday). He seemed OK with that and I expressed how I'd like to do 1 day a week in July and 2 days in August and then continuing that into the school year. He seemed OK with those ideas.
Dr. Jenkins asked Noah what his level of anxiety with all that was. After WAY TOO MUCH in the way of examples and stuff, we didn't have a good answer. It was clear to me that we needed to separate out the key elements and I asked Noah about being at home with Dad, Lincoln and Sophia...on a scale of 1 (I've gotta sharpen my pencil now) to 10 (Mom might pass away and then where'd I be), Noah called that a 2. Being home with Sharon was a 7. Noah reacted positively to Dr. Jenkin's suggestion that if Sharon came to therapy with him they could talk about what causes the anxiety about his interacting with her. We spent a fair amount of time trying to get Noah to suggest some things they might talk about in session. I am going to talk to Nancy about writing for Noah some of the things that he would like to tell her or share during those sessions. He did say that he would rather I were there for those meetings. I don't know if she would be interested or willing but I will ask. Meanwhile, I did tell Noah that he would need to ask her if she would come to therapy with him (and I).
At the end I talked with Jenkins about trouble making payments and tried to cancel one of the meetings. He suggested only one co-pay a week. I feel the need to cancel one. I had thought to cancel the Wed. meetings but then I thought that for the summer, it might be better to cancel the Saturday meetings. I need to talk this over with Sharon.
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.