Friday, July 9, 2010

Thursday meeting

Today was our meeting to talk about issues regarding Noah and what else I'm doing that's wrong, pathetic, ineffectual and not taking a lead role. So you can guess how it went. I tried to explain to Sharon what I wanted truly in the best of all possible worlds: Both boys most of the time only seeing Nancy periodically (short) amounts of time. I explained that the only way that could happen is if I could prove her a bad mother but those are topics of discussion with Peter. I now have an appointment on July 29th, 2pm in the new offices. Sharon berated me about her being the one who has been driving all this and that she's not going to do it any more. So I'd better belly up to the bar and take over what is truly my responsibility anyway. I tried to explain that I have been doing what Peter suggested which was to work through therapy but she thinks that we've lost Noah already and that pressure must be put on Nancy to make him move back and forth. I think that's counter-productive to therapy and we talked about how long therapy does take. In the end, I asked her to read and suggest additions and changes to my letter to Peter. I will paste that in the next blog entry. Also we decided to amend her letter to Nancy and actually deliver that. So last night, I finished typing all that up and sent them to Peter and Sharon's letter to Nancy. The shit is really going to hit the fan now. That's for sure. I didn't want to alienate Nancy when bad things could happen as a result of this but I respect that the letter to Nancy was her true feelings, thoughts and concerns and I support that. While I don't agree with every word, I endorse, believe, support and agree with the spirit, intent and the vast majority of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.